Monday, September 30, 2013

Lazy teachers

Do you know what really grinds my gears? Lazy teachers. They are the worst. I couldn't tell you how many times I got in trouble by my parents because of  bad grades due to the fact that my teacher didn't grade my homework assignments on time.

I remember this one time when I was a freshman in high school, and I had this one English teacher. She was so chill, and everyone loved her. But all she did was assign us busy work. A whole lot of busy work. And when I mean busy work, I mean work that's meant for third graders. So everyday we'd get a whole bunch of worksheets that we'd complete and turn them in the next day. The only problem was that she'd never grade them! She'd wait till the end of the the marking period to do it. I would always get grounded for having bad grades because of her. And i'd tell my parents the same thing every time "I did it, she just hasn't graded it yet!" Eventually that same excuse to them got old and they never believed me, even though I was telling the truth! I would always ask my teacher when she's going to grade the work sheets that everyones missing. She'd always respond with "Oh, i'll get around to it." I remember i'd just walk away so pissed because I know she wouldn't get around to it till the last minute. And when she would get around to it, i'd show my parents that I wasn't lying and they'd unground me. But I shouldn't of been grounded in the first place!

I know that there is so many students that deal with lazy teachers and have been in my shoes before. It's just so annoying to deal with them. Lazy teachers is what really grinds my gears.
 

5 comments:

  1. I had a math teacher just like that. He would give us worksheets that had nothing to do with math, like brain teasers, mazes, crosswords. Everyone passed his class and was happy, but then I got to college and realized I should have learned a lot more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't stand lazy teachers either!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Last week I was sitting in one of my classes angry that I had to be their. Wishing I was helping my daughter and her class with their homecoming float. About 30 min into class the teacher says we are getting out a hour and a half early so we all can go watch the tigers play. I was so annoyed I chose to go to class because that is what was expected of me. If a student just decided to leave for a silly reason we would get docked participation points. I too hate lazy teachers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate it when teachers do that it makes me mad as well

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like teachers who assign homework but don't collect them. Less Stress

    ReplyDelete