Do you know what really grinds my gears? People who don't text properly. Like it's not that hard to do it. I feel that the people that do it all the time on the internet and in text are usually people that don't know how to spell or write clear sentences. I'm sorry but it just really bothers me! If I get a text and there's incorrect spelling and it's not in a complete sentence I just don't even want to respond.
Like if I text my friend and say "Hey, what's up?" and he responds with "nm, jus chillin at da crib, wby?" Like what? Are you trying to speak english? I know it's faster and much easier to type, but it just makes people seem uneducated. If i'm texting a really hot girl, and she doesn't use proper grammer I immediately loose interest in her and won't text back. I don't know, that's just me. I just really wish people would stop abbriviating because if they don't eventually that's all we're ever going to know. People will forget what's correct and what's not, and it's really sad because the english language is going down the toilet. I mean I'm fine with "lol" or "lmao" but it's when people change "because" to "cuz" or "Talk to you later" to "ttyl." It's just one of my biggest pet peeves. I will always text in complete and correct sentences because I I feel more educated, and I don't want to see the english language be forgotten. And it will be forgotten if people don't stop texting and typing that way and realize that they just seem like uneducated people! I just hope one day people would leave it all behind. They're bad grammer, and incorrect spelling, because people who don't text and type properly really grinds my gears.

Too Funny, Joe! I am the same way when it comes to texting. I feel like I always have to write everything out completely!
ReplyDeleteI hate it when people respond to me in this way, it really 'grinds my gears' as well, I think that high school English classes should really focus on shunning this type of conversation.
ReplyDeleteI'm the exact same way! I've always hated when people don't text in complete sentences!
ReplyDeleteI totally hate this too! People speak in complete sentences, so why can't they text in complete sentences?
ReplyDelete